- University of So. California (2012). Faithful Action: Working with Religious Groups in Disaster Planning, Response, and Recovery. Useful handbook, 112 pages.
- Spiritual Care and Mental Health for Disaster Response and Recovery; 157 pages
- Harvard Univ. (2006). Mapping your Community’s Faith Based Assets. Excellent general guidance.
- Urban Institute (2008). Role of Faith Based Organizations in Post- Hurricane Human Service Relief Efforts (10 pages).
- Church Emergency Preparedness Resources. Thanks to Noah for this citation.
- General template for churches. From the Community Council of St. Charles County, MO.
- Draft Course (2012) Course Outline-Faith-BasedOrganizations
- FEMA (2013). Course (Self Study) on Preparing for Mass Casualties.
Some additional examples:
- Resources for Mosques and Institutional Security.
- Anti-Defamation League: Protecting Your Jewish Institution. [Note this document is 120 pages.
- For personal preparedness, check out Ready.gov and the American Red Cross sites. Also Angie’s List offers a list of items, with nice illustrations.