There are many sources of information on how to secure your facility. Here are a few examples:
- Dept. of Homeland Security, Houses of Worship Security Practices Guide; May 2013. (21 pp).
- DHS,Potential Indicators, Common Vulnerabilities, and Protective Measures, Religious Facilities. April 2014. ( 9 pp).
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship. It is 38 pages long and was issued in 2013.It has potential, but it does need some more work to be more practical
- National Disaster Interfaiths Network (NDIN), which offers some useful religion-specific Tip sheets.
- Protecting Your Jewish Institution – 118 page handbook from the Anti Defamation League.
- From the Dept. of HHS. Resource Guide: Emergency Preparedness and Response Resources for Child Care Programs. (2018) Both in English and Spanish.
List of Training Videos, prepared by the Univ. of DE/ DisasterResearch Center. Topics include:
- Church Fire Safety Access
- Church Safety Inspections Access
- Church Tornado Safety Access
- Preparing a Disaster Plan Access
- Safety During Church Services