In a country where 83% of the population is affiliated with a formal faith tradition and 340,000 houses of worship – without resilient faith communities, whole community resilience is unachievable.
- Older Event, Current Lessons January 26, 2023
- Sept. 20 – FEMA Webinar on Safety and Security of Houses of Worship September 17, 2022
- Resources for Preparedness Month September 12, 2022
- Safety Steps for Houses of Worship July 15, 2022
- The Role of Chaplains in an Emergency February 19, 2022
Bailey H on Staten Island Clergy Gather to… recoverydiva on Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit… Andy on Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit… RDale on Is Arming Church Members the… Ronan Dalcross on FEMA and HOWs
That 83% number seems to be about 40% too high… Not that churches aren’t important, but I cannot imagine that 83% of the population is strongly connected with an actual faith-based building.
Well, I am not sure where to get firm numbers. But I will try.
Most reliable surveys show about 20% of the population is strongly connected. Don’t get me wrong, they still have value, but saying if 83% was the correct number we should have worse traffic jams on Sunday than during the week 🙂